Executive TeamSTAR Energy Holding's executive staff
Founder / Chief Executive Officer
- Former owner of a construction company that built heavy industrial, commercial and power projects, including multiple wind projects across North America. Founded Star in 2008, leading to a transaction of 1,400 MW of wind developments in 2009.
President, STAR CNG, LLC
- Colonel, USAF (Ret) Chris Luithly is a distinguished graduate from the US Air Force Academy class of 1983. During his 28 year Air Force career, He commanded the 163rd Fighter Squadron, the 122nd Maintenance Group as well as the122nd Operations Group. He culminated his Air Force career as the Vice Commander of the 122nd Fighter Wing. Chris is a highly successful investor and has built a large real estate portfolio of cash flowing rental properties. He has also mentored dozens of other investors and is sought out as an expert in real estate investing.
- Seasoned executive in capital markets, finance and renewable energy; leadership positions in waste to energy Company; investment banks and commercial finance companies. Experience in solar energy tax credits, securitization, residential and commercial finance. BA-Kalamazoo College; MBA-The George Washington University
Vic Thompson, PMP
VP Engineering & Project Mgmt.
President, Star Construction Services
- senior management positions held within multiple wind energy companies including Acciona and Suzlon; 15 years with Motorola; BS Metallurgical Engineering from Purdue University. PMP Certification in Project Management from Project Management Institute.
S. Shane Estes
Chief Technology Officer
General Manager – STAR Wind, LLC.
Vice President, Finance
- Erik is responsible for project finance and solar development. He has fifteen years of experience in the renewable energy, including investment banking and M&A. Prior to Star, Erik was on the M&A team at TerraForm Power. Previous experience also includes raising tax equity at Meridian Clean Fuels. Erik has an MBA from the University of St. Thomas, a masters degree in regional planning from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and an undergraduate degree in Ecology from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!